Founded in Raleigh in 1969, Tammy Lynn Center‘s mission is to empower families and enrich the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities through education, community, and support services.
All proceeds from the Kids at Heart Fun Run will go to Tammy Lynn Center.
Services at the center include:
- Developmental Day Services — Specialized classroom education for children 3-22 years. Therapies, nursing care, before/after school care, a summer program, and family support services.
- Center-based Residential Services — Home for 30 children and adults who receive high-level nursing services and personal care 24 hours a day. Our residents are nurtured and challenged continuously to become as independent as possible. Families remain actively involved in their loved one’s lives through visits and participation in treatment plans.
- Community Residential Program — Off-campus residences for adults who receive continual supervision in a neighborhood setting. Residents participate in daily activities at the center’s main campus.
- Early Childhood Intervention Program — Individualized in-home therapy and family support services for children 0—3 years who have been diagnosed with developmental disabilities or delays, or who are at risk for these conditions.
- Respite Care Services — Hourly, overnight, or extended relief coverage for caregivers from the direct care of individuals with a developmental disability or traumatic injury.